PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Первый клон собаки - Снуппи - 1 год.

sanflauas
17.05.2006, 03:47
Недавно исполнилось 1 год первой клонированной собаке - афгану - Снуппи. Для тех, кто не помнит - напоминаю, что из клетки уха был получен клон, который затем был помещен в матку лабрадора. Многочисленные генетические исследования не только в Корее, но и в Америке подтвердили - что клонированный афган генетически идентичный своему "прародителю".
Так что мои поздравления :)

Aikenka
18.05.2006, 05:17
Так была же шумиха в прессе по поводу этого корейского учёного. Что он подделывал результаты и подтасовывал факты. Он и с работы ушёл по этому поводу :)

vladirys
18.05.2006, 06:38
Первоначальное сообщение от sanflauas
Недавно исполнилось 1 год первой клонированной собаке - афгану - Снуппи. Для тех, кто не помнит - напоминаю, что из клетки уха был получен клон, который затем был помещен в матку лабрадора. Многочисленные генетические исследования не только в Корее, но и в Америке подтвердили - что клонированный афган генетически идентичный своему "прародителю".
Так что мои поздравления :)

Леночка,
У тебя с Кореей дружественно-родственные ( я конечно имею в виду собачьи, а не человеческие)связи, не сочти за труд, расскажи как там обстоят дела на самом деле с этим клоном?

sanflauas
19.05.2006, 14:41
С этим клоном была большая проверка, проверяли идентичность генома собаки-прородителя и клона. Я уже точно не помню (я возможно не сохранила оригиналы писем на английском), но выяснили, что на 99.9% (точную цифру не помню) геном идентичен и только 1 сотая (или тысячная?) генов принадлежит лабрадорше, у которой выращивался щенок. Проверка шла не только в самой корее, но и в Америке. Сведения достоверные. Если кому подробно интересно - посмотрю, возможно что-то сохранилось на английском языке.

sanflauas
19.05.2006, 14:48
Вот что я нашла по Снуппи, то, что сохраняла для себа. Так как сайт для англоязычных - не перевожу.
Пояснение - Cheol-Yong - владелец прародителя Снуппи - кобеля, импортированного из Америки - Andorah's Taipa Sahale
Снуппи…

Фото обоих прилагаю :))

----- Original Message -----
> With such a success, I am curious to know, what comes
with
> his registration matters? How has the Korean Kennel club taken this
success?
> Is there a registration in progress? Is there a particular
> procedure/consideration to it?
> David.
>

I doubt it David - I think Cheol-Yong will be offline til their morning so I
will just say that I doubt they will ever register him - why would they? I
dont see any need at this stage - now IF in 50 years cloning does become a
viable commercial proposition then the kennel clubs of the world will have
to deal with it, but I do not see that happening in the forseeable future,
and there really is no need from a breeder's standpoint since they can
already collect and freeze semen and will eventually perfect the technology
to harvest and freeze viable embryos. The only people who will want to clone
a dog will be doing it for emotional reasons just to have "the dog".
However, that will never happen because even if the DNA matches, the
personality and character cannot be cloned as that is the sum total of all
experiences and environment from birth - on top of the DNA.

*We* register our dogs to show them and to breed from them and to identify
any puppies that we sell to others, but I don't seen any purpose behind
registering a cloned dog like SNUppy. He IS the only one - that fact that
he exists - that is what counts!

Stephanie

--
stephanie,for once i have to say i disagree with almost everything you say in this post.

first off ,reason enough to register him,is because he is the first!,not only would it be groundbreaking,but also contraversial,and that is what makes news today!,get the legal tape rolling,and bring forth any ethical or philosophical arguments now!,for future dogs!

second,..you say if commercial cloning becomes viable in 50 years?,oh dear we are traveling way faster than that! in the scientific community this is more like ten years...not fifty!

third,.your right about collecting sperm and that,..but even today with A I some still claim a natural birth conception for the papers,so why not with cloning?

lastly,and this is the big one,i agree that there will be a great percentage of folks who want their "pet back" (so to speak),and do it for emotional purpose,but my god,top show,agility,sports dogs,lassie type hollywood stunt doubles..come on!,the best of the best in performance dogs will be cloned no doubt.
there are people in this world that have more money than they even know what to do with,to them,50,100,300 thousand dollars is nothing,why not clone your wife a new agility or coursing dog,since hers broke a leg or has an issue?

it is also true that dna is only half the equation,and experience,memories and training is the other in order to "re-create" the supposedly same dog.
but what if a dog is a "natural",in some sport,and had no training!,can you imagine what potential the clone would have WITH training?.hmmmmm

p.s,i think snuppy is just wonderful,and the process will help us understand much about the medicine and disease in both canines and humans,and i think it is great.
nyttymfun@aol.com
--
Hi Rik,
this is realy interessed, and I think not only for us !
But we have to wait untill he mattured and is an adult to see,
if he can produse puppies or not. With a natural breed or a cloned girl ?
For me, Snuppy is the begin of the story, not the end !
Hopfully Cheol-Yong will keep us updated.
Julika

sanflauas добавил(а) 1148039386:
----- Original Message -----
To: afghanbreeders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:02 PM
Subject: [afghanbreeders] Re: SNUppy visited my office today

I think a very important test of Snuppy's viability is his reproductive ability. Will he be able
to breed on naturally or will he be sterile or will he require extraordinary artificial breeding
techniques? If clones are not reproductively viable then it sort of defeats their purpose
unless clones are raised for body parts. (Ugh.) I don't know if Dolly the sheep was ever
bred but she certainly had no offspring. And she had a shortened life span and was sickly.
At all events, dog registries will have to make new considerations for these new life forms.
Technically, Snuppy doesn't have a sire and a dam.
In orchids and roses we call this self propagating which is sorta kinda like a clone where
the father plant and the mother plant are the same plant. The French orchid breeding firm
Les Fils et Petits Fils de Vacherot et LeCouffle (the sons and grandsons of V & L) invented
tissue culture and named the process mericloning. Mericlones of orchids can usually breed
on naturally. Tissue cells from an existing plant are harvested to produce plants that are
genetically the same as the host plant. It is like growing plants from cuttings but at the
cellular level.
--
Hello
First of all, Thank you all for your interesting to SNUppy.

For his registration, The research team seems not to be interested in the matter.
Also still now on, KKC and KCC(FCI registered) haven’t comment about it.
Although I am not sure, The team including me in now interested in confirming SNUppy’s reproductive ability.
However, that will be able to be confirmed few years later and in now on our only purpose is to keep him and loving him properly.

Cheol-Yong
--
In a message dated 11/29/2005 12:03:01 PM Central Standard Time, panache1964@yahoo.com writes:
I think a very important test of Snuppy's viability is his reproductive ability. Will he be able
to breed on naturally or will he be sterile or will he require extraordinary artificial breeding
techniques?
We certainly do not know as of yet.
If clones are not reproductively viable then it sort of defeats their purpose
unless clones are raised for body parts. (Ugh.) I don't know if Dolly the sheep was ever
bred but she certainly had no offspring. And she had a shortened life span and was sickly.
We don't know about SNUPPY yet, lots of study should be following him as well, and he certainly will be the key to brake into new ground.

At all events, dog registries will have to make new considerations for these new life forms.
Technically, Snuppy doesn't have a sire and a dam.
I would consider him registrable, with a special remark as a CLONE, and I think that as for DNA could testify, he indeed has a sire and dam since he would carry the genetic make-up of both.

--- In afghanbreeders@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie Hunt-Crowley" <shcrowley@p...>
wrote:
>
> I doubt it David - I think Cheol-Yong will be offline til their morning so I
> will just say that I doubt they will ever register him - why would they?
I dont see any need at this stage
What if he becomes a fertile producer, why could he not be used for breeding if so, and how else would track of the progeny be kept? I think there is a very important need even at this stage, and a way to set precedent as procedures to follow in the future.

- now IF in 50 years cloning does become a
> viable commercial proposition then the kennel clubs of the world will have
> to deal with it, but I do not see that happening in the forseeable future,
> and there really is no need from a breeder's standpoint since they can
> already collect and freeze semen and will eventually perfect the technology
> to harvest and freeze viable embryos.

I used to think the same way when AI and frozen semen was anathema only 20-30 years ago, and look how it has become common practice these days!
The only people who will want to clone
> a dog will be doing it for emotional reasons just to have "the dog".
> However, that will never happen because even if the DNA matches, the
> personality and character cannot be cloned as that is the sum total of all
> experiences and environment from birth - on top of the DNA.

I don't think so, even though as you say some rich exentrics would go for it to replace their beloved Fifi, what about other breeders that put true value on the qualities of the specimen? Indeed, personality and character may not be cloned, but with a first experience in hand with the cell donor, the clone could be even improved when an original is already known.>
> *We* register our dogs to show them and to breed from them and to identify
> any puppies that we sell to others, but I don't seen any purpose behind
> registering a cloned dog like SNUppy. He IS the only one - that fact that
> he exists - that is what counts!
>
> Stephanie
>
So, clones should only be considered as adornments? I don't think so! I sure would love to have a clone of Dante or Babs.
David.
--
In a message dated 11/29/2005 5:33:26 PM Central Standard Time, cyhwang@snu.ac.kr writes:
Hello
First of all, Thank you all for your interesting to SNUppy
For his registration, The research team seems not to be interested in the matter.

Understandable, since they are more concerned with the scientific part of the matter.

Also still now on, KKC and KCC(FCI registered) haven’t comment about it.

But I am sure they are already thinking about it.

Although I am not sure, The team including me in now interested in confirming SNUppy’s reproductive ability.
However, that will be able to be confirmed few years later and in now on our only purpose is to keep him and loving him properly.
Cheol-Yong
And I can see that, considering that other clones before him have not been successful one way or another, I sincerely hope SNUppy to be the exception!
David.
--
Terry remember that old butter commercial........Were she says Its not nice to fool mother nature, I just think we are all looking at a big problem with clones, It is a known fact that clones do not live very long. I just think we are messing with something that is not a natural accourance but a man made product. It's great that we can clone animals but at what cost in the end?
Coni
--
i don't see that anything,or anyone is harmed by cloning, i am sure that there are theological arguements,and if they are short lived due to cloning,some might say that is unfair,a different school of thinking might be...better to live a short life,than none at all!.
in any event,we won't know until we experiment and find out,even though canine cloning is the hardest cloning to achieve,i feel that dogs are more "hardy" than sheep,and other animals,and i think (just a gut feeling),that snuppy will have a normal lifespan,i can't back this up scientifically,but just have that distinct feeling.
the benefits of cloning far outweigh the dangers if any exist,most scientific achievements require danger either to humans or the earth,and in snuppy's case i just see it as a win/win proposition.
maybe one day they can clone me...and the "new me" won't smoke these damn cigarettes!,and can live long enough to do something positive with his brain other than sit at the computer.....ahhhhhh it's nice to dream!
affies forever!!! terry m.
--

oley
20.07.2006, 06:19
Не совсем по теме:

Bush Issues First Veto, Rejecting Stem Cell Funding Legislation

July 19 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush, using the first veto of his presidency, rejected legislation passed by the Republican-controlled Congress that would have overturned his ban on federal funding for research on new human embryonic stem cells.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aG5fbLEpskFM&refer=us